Saturday, December 3, 2011

PE3_iMovie

There's a First Time for Everything.

In all, it took me about an hour and a half to think, shoot, organize, edit and export my 1 minute video. The bulk of that time was spent editing the clips.  Exporting the finished project was a very easy procedure. iMovie tries to remove a lot of guesswork from the process. It presents the most likely options where you want your movie to be viewed and handles the rendering from there.
What other 'share' options do you need?

iMovie quickly rendering the video file

I remember taking a digital video course in college back in nineteen-ninety-oh-god. We'd have to let the computer render our short video files for hours on end. Now, computers today are able to render videos quickly with excellent quality. iMovie rendered quickly and gave me a file that was YouTube friendly. Within a matter of minutes, my finished video was on the web.
Video uploaded to YouTube

After using iMovie to create a Movie Trailer featuring my 9 year old, I was left with a sense of accomplishment because I really did try something new. I think the Movie Trailers are a great way for students and novices to put together a fun, creative short video without the technical distraction of the other major movie editors (Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects).

In regards to the iMovie Essentials Training video, I think it is a comprehensive, easy-to-follow training module to get anyone started in the basics of iMovie. Garrick Chow sets up the videos in short, bite-sized segments so you can focus on certain features. I'm always interested in going beyond the basics. However, I think for iMovie, that would mean using other video editors along with iMovie to do more complicated effects. Finally, at the end of the video training, I was given a Certificate of Completion!




My Movie Trailer Video:



2 comments:

  1. I bet he loves this video! I particularly like the slow motion shot of him punching the pillow with adrenaline and the reverse jump was very cool. I want to try this effect. Your text about jumping was nicely chosen to accentuate your video. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CarbonMade seems like a very unique and appropriate tool for your students. I think the days of carrying around those huge, cardboard portfolios for artwork are gone - I love the idea of photos and images one can carry on their laptop to an interview. Thanks for sharing this great Web 2.0 tool.

    Regards,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

© The Digital Clouds, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena